Monday, October 13, 2008

Seek and ye shall find

My "dearly-beloved" loves to find little out of the way shops that require a sense of adventure, an undauntable drive for a bargain, and a bar of soap when you're finished. I was in on the excitement the other day.

It was my second visit to this shop. The first time, I talked myself out of a couple of things. I regretted those decisions as soon as I got home and determined that, if I visited again, I would buy anything I wanted (I am a very discriminating shopper) that was cheap and unique. Of course, the things I saved for "next time" last time, were gone, so I made sure I looked in, under... all the preposition words!... everything that I could reach.

I found something I love. It was tarnished and dirty and unusual... and cheap! I grabbed it and never let go. Want to see?

Before #1........

all folded up
Before #2...........

completely open
After #1........

easy to store
After #2

Can't you imagine cookies, or truffles?
All this beauty for only..... $3 and some elbow grease! I can't wait for Thanksgiving, our church Christmas Tea, our family Christmas, anything!

I can't wait to see what I find on the next visit.

For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but God looketh on the heart. I Samuel 16:7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WWWoooWWW!!!!!!

-cbn

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

That is the coolest find! So, do I have this right? It folds up all neatly and seashell-like... then unfolds to 3 separate little "trays"? I agree, very unusual. I've been to many a tea party, even "High Tea", and never seen a serving dish like that. What a conversation-starter! Good job.