Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Did you know Yo-Yo is a brand name?

Do you realize that November is only 4 days away? Regardless of who wins the election, that means Christmas is right around the corner!

Today I went into my workroom, determined to start some of the projects that I have in mind for gifts. I sanded and painted the covers of throw-away books.

the first step toward an altered book
I decided not to watch the paint dry... there had to be something better to do! So, I pulled out my pile of old post cards and found a few interesting things like this...

notice the postmark
and started on this!

the beginning of an altered suitcase!
By the time the first coat of paint was dry, there was wet glue that needed time to dry, so I went back to the paintbrush for coat #2!

I know it's efficient... but I felt like a yo-yo.

And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea the work of our hands establish thou it. Psalm 90:17

No comments: