Saturday, October 4, 2008

The end of the tales

Paul Harvey has a lock on the phrase, "The rest of the story", but that won't keep me from sharing my own version of the rest of the stor(ies) in my week.

Story #1 - The grape juice has rested the prescribed amount of time. In spite of my best efforts, it continues to taste like watery Kool-Aid. I now consider Welch's a bargain... at any price!

the grapes
Story #2 - The Bible cover has been at work for almost a week now. Because I have a distaste for the noise of Velcro and zippers, I pulled out my stash of old buttons and created a silent closure. So far... it's doing great!

silent buttons

Story #3 - My shoes. Ah, my lovely shoes... the ones with the toe stitching and button detail? (What is it with me and buttons lately?) An e-coupon for 15% off and the promise of free shipping forced my hand. They came. I tried, and tried, and tried to convince myself they were comfortable. The box is already winging its way back to dot-com-land. They were so beautiful... sniff.


Now you know.

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever. Isaiah 40:8

2 comments:

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

So sorry about the shoes... gives me hope though. Our educational store is in existence only because sometimes people really DO need to touch and feel things before buying them. Sure, you can find better deals on the internet, but is it worth the headache? You can get what you really want the FIRST time at a good, old-fashioned store! I'm happy for the retailer that finally gets your business!

Jen K. said...

Well, they did at least look cute on for that moment! Maybe you will have better luck with the next pair.