Saturday, January 17, 2009

Simplehuman

Occasionally, there is a company that exceeds all expectations when it comes to customer service. When that happens - because it is so rare - it needs to be shouted from the rooftop.

So, here I am on the rooftop... shouting.

The company is Simplehuman. Several years ago, I purchased one of their stainless steel "step cans" for my kitchen.


It was expensive compared to all of the previous products that had served time in my kitchen. But all of the cheaper products fell apart after just a few months. So, I bit the bullet and spent the money.

It was the best decision. Kitchen activity was simplified... didn't matter if my hands were full or sticky, a simple step and the container was open and ready to take my trash!

Until about a week ago. I stepped - and nothing. I was sick. I was ready to go buy a new one, but I decided to see if I could order a part from the company. I emailed their customer service, filled out the info required (no date for purchase since I couldn't remember how long I have had it), and waited. The next day I had a reply, answered a couple more questions and waited. The following day, I had an email telling me that the part was on its way. No charge.

The end of this story is that the "step can" is back in service. The part arrived with directions so clear that I repaired it myself.

What a company. I wholeheartedly recommend them and their products.

A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches... Proverbs 22:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a testimonial! A good lesson for a storeowner such as myself to hear!

Allison says, "I like trashcans."

Have a great day.