Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goals and vacations

I am a goal oriented person. While other people notice eye colors and facial expressions, I calculate how many steps to go until a task is complete.

A few weeks ago, I set a writing goal for myself - submit something, somewhere, every two weeks. Saturday is d-day (deadline day), so that means I have been staring at my monitor most of the day... polishing a finished piece, starting a new one.

Fortunately, I have a hands-on project that I can turn to when my brain needs a rest. It is a crocheted little acorn bag that I found on this blog. I have no idea what I will use it for, but right now that doesn't matter. It is providing a necessary mental vacation. Besides... it is just so cute!

This is what my little acorn looks like so far...

cute little acorn bag
As you can see, there have been quite a few "vacations" today.

I did reach my goal though. An envelope is ready for the mailbox... prayed over, prayed about, ready to go.

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

I clicked on your link to the "Roman Sock" blog. I loved it! If only I could knit (or crochet) that good. I loved her "Pass the Piggies" and her little chihuahuas. What an interesting blog! Also, the acorn bag is so cute in the picture I saw it in. You're off to a good start! If you keep up with all this craftiness, you won't need to buy any Christmas gifts next year... and there won't be any "crunch"-time trying to finish it all!