Friday, January 16, 2009

Rainbow in winter

"To see a rainbow, one has to have rain and sunshine. In the winter, water droplets freeze into ice particles that do not produce a rainbow but scatter light in other very interesting patterns."
Why, you ask, am I sharing this fascinating tidbit of info with you? Because yesterday, I saw a rainbow. Now, there is no doubt about the fact that winter is here. There are no temps hovering around 32 (more like 32 below zero), no warm front moving in... baby, it's cold outside!

But there it was - a rainbow!

taken through a dirty windshield
Though the top of the bow disappeared, and I could only capture one side in the picture, this amazing sight has to be shared. (And, FYI, the photo is completely untouched except for the arrow.)

Whenever I see a rainbow, I remember Noah and God's promise to him after the flood, "I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

A beautiful symbol of God's faithfulness in the midst of life's bitter realities.

1 comment:

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

Only a true blogger would have a camera in-hand for such a snap-shot! What a wonderful picture. God is faithful... a very true observation.