Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Making a journal

Thankful (aka Grateful) Journals have been around for quite a while. The idea is to write something that you are thankful for every day. It's a nice idea, but it hasn't inspired me... until I saw this.

My daughter-in-law has a birthday that we will be celebrating on July 4th, and this is the perfect gift for her.

Today was a day of planning, scanning, printing, and stamping... working my way to a page for every week of the year. When I started the journal, that didn't seem like a huge task. Right now, 35 pages are ready to go... 52 feels like it's waaaay out there!

The pages are not large. If there is too much room for writing, it begins to look like an assignment rather than a brief sentence stating "What I am thankful for today."

I will be seeing #1 - #7 in my dreams!
I've tried to create pages from my own stash of materials. In addition to some decorative paper pages, there are some vintage hankies and postcards, unique clipart, and photos from my backyard.

pictures ready to be cropped and stamped
I hope, one year from now, that she will treasure this book and the pleasant thoughts that it holds.

I also hope, today, that she's too busy to spend time reading blogs!

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: