Thursday, April 3, 2008

In the midst of doing our taxes, I found two surprises that brightened the day.

1. A crocus bravely poking through the spring time debris.


2. I do know who made this, but I don't know when. It's a portrait of me - Gramma B.


The flower and the picture made me happy because of what I saw beyond the items themselves.

That crocus is a promise... winter is losing its grip and we will soon see fresh new life poking through the ground.

The picture makes me laugh because it is me! The nose, the glasses, the brown hair... yep! It's me!

But there are two little things in that portrait that delight me beyond words... the smile and the cross.

I'm glad when the grandkids think of me, they see the smile, because when I think of them, that is what I do! My face smiles, my heart smiles... I feel happy!

The cross... I have never worn a cross, and yet the young artist included it. That thrilled me more than I can express, because it shows they know that Jesus, and everything spiritual, is all important to me. Has a lovelier piece of art ever been discovered?

Blessed is the man who trusteth in the Lord and whose hope the Lord is. Jeremiah 17:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well me thinks whomever made this portrait should consider being an artist--It's a perfect representation! :D And I'd agree cHim-prints does seek to reflect Jesus in what she does and who she is! Amen!