Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Paper watching - day 29

After taking the weekly pictures of my disintegrating bundles, I spent some time examining them closely. I do notice a lot more surface damage that I have previously seen. Lots of holes scrubbed into the paper. Hmmm... Weather? Insect? Bird?


And then my impatience got the best of me. Convinced that I had chosen a location too protected by the tree, I moved one bundle to a spot exposed to harsh morning sunlight. It is also now open to all wind, rain and *sigh* snow. (Not that I'm planning on snow before October. But this is Michigan after all.)

Last night, we were pounded with heavy rain. Wave after wave of storms swept over our house. Visions of beautifully distressed paper spent the night dancing in my dreams. I couldn't wait to get outside this morning to see what happened.


But, as it is with people, so it is with paper... change comes slowly.  The rain seems to have had little effect.  Time will tell if the change of location makes any difference whatsoever. It will be interesting to compare the two bundles from week to week. 

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Psalm 37:4 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Am I just crazy or shouldn't those papers be falling apart.....I don't understand. help me...

I am as curious as you are as to the results the weather has on your papers...I am always excited when you post an update.....

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

cHim-prints said...

I know, Nancy! I, too, am amazed that this paper isn't a clump of pulp.
This idea, by the way, came from here - http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2009/03/disand-dat.html
Enjoy looking.