I love clouds. They are white, puffy promises of good things to come. Beautiful… and always with shades of grey.
That’s the way I see August. Beautiful… and always with shades of Grey.
His birthday is this month, this week, in fact. Most of us will be here to have a dinner to celebrate the day he was born. I can’t decide what to serve. I wish I could ask him if Mexican Beef Rice really is his favorite dinner.
I have done a lot of soul searching the last few days – reviewing everything about Grey from his birth day to the post funeral days… months… and now years.
The amazing thing about my conclusions? They all revolve around God. Here are a few...
- Though my heart hurts, I know that God is faithful.
- He does give songs in the night… and morning… and day.
- His still, small voice does bring solace and encouragement… in the very center of great sorrow.
- He is strong to overcome obstacles.
- And I know, I know that He loves me – not just mankind, but me!
I have learned the agony of losing a child. I also know the One who willingly gave His Son to die so that I might have life. That is amazing grace.
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:13,14