Wednesday, August 3, 2011

7 days of disintegration

The wired bundles of paper have been hanging in the mulberry tree for seven days. Extreme heat, humidity, and heavy rain have assaulted the dangling bundles and they do look different.

The edges are beginning to curl in the places that are not wired down.



The washable crayons are beginning to get the watercolor effect. There is a little bit of rust forming under the wire.



The crayons aren't yielding to the rain in this bundle. I used a texture plate when I colored these pages and I'm wondering if that could make a difference. More rusty lines across the papers.  



Despite the dew, the rain and the humidity, the papers are not a soggy mess. So far, so good. In fact, as I type, I'm listening to the rumble of thunder. Bring it on!

Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

2 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for bringing us along on this artistic journey. I am looking forward to next week!! Bring on the rain baby!!

Nancy said...

I am amazed they are so in tact....I would have expected them or at least some of them to have fallen apart.....Love what the rest is doing.....

It's exciting to keep up with the progress...