Friday, May 2, 2008

Unending hope

Tuesday, the distressing news started arriving in waves.

Wednesday, it got worse.

Thursday, I was reminded that if it weren't for the negative situations in life, I would have no appreciation for the blessings that God continually showers upon me.

For instance:
-One unpleasant "wave" required a trip to UPS on Thursday. I arrived there at 2:40 pm, lugged my oversized package to the door, only to discover they are closed from 11:00-3:00! I lugged the oversized package back to the car and realized that I was 1 block from a unique fabric store that I wanted to check out. It was a great store, charming employee, perfect amount of time.

-"Good job with the packing!" the UPS man said of my oversized bundle. Wow.

-Went to Kohl's for a return... the lady at the return desk was actually chatty - to me!

-Went to Hobby Lobby - the woman at the fabric counter was full of good humor and I found everything that I was looking for!

-Went to a quilt store and discovered a product that allows me to produce my newly designed bag labels on my own printer! And, I only had to buy one sheet!

Today, I printed... I love them!


Has the distressing news gone away? Has the situation improved? Do I think it will be over soon? No, no, and no. But after Thursday, I'm still basking in the knowledge that God arranges the details of life. I should not be discouraged... ever.

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. Psalm 71:14

No comments: