Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pink beauty

I am not a gardener. Plants in my yard are survivors - hardy, tough, self sufficient. A prime example of this is the lily of the valley that returns in all its glory year after year.


We have lots of deep shade around our house, so a sympathetic friend gave me a cutting from her lily of the valley 20+ years ago... and I have loved watching them fill to overflowing the shady flower beds that killed almost every other plant I tried.

While the leaves stay green spring, summer, and fall, the delicate blossoms come and go quickly. They fill the air with their fragrance and dazzle the eyes with their unique color and shape.

Isn't God creative?

...Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Matthew 6:28

No comments: