Thursday, February 7, 2008

Making granola

Today I made granola. This is the old family favorite... of mine anyway. The ingredient list is pretty forgiving. What I don't have... or decide I don't want to use... gets left out! It is always good.

The dry mixture. This time I used dates, raisins and dried cranberries.


I love the granola, but there is always the mess to be cleaned up afterwards.

I have had this cookbook for nearly 30 years! This is where I got my start making everything myself. "Anything (a company) can do, I can do better! I can do anything better than them!" If you ever find a used version of this, grab it. It really is a useful book.

I wonder if this woman has any idea how she changed my life in the kitchen!

"Whatsoever things are true...honest...just...pure...lovely...of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Phil. 4:8

No comments: