Monday, June 1, 2009

Sales and sights

I spent some time travelling with my dearly beloved last week. He took me places (that I would never venture on my own) where there were things to behold, places to visit, stuff to buy.

I shopped in a high-end clothes store, a dying thrift store and a "back alley sale". I brought home $492 worth of clothes for $42, a roll of wallpaper for 75 cents and these colorful treasures...

It still paddles!

Oooo - the colors!
There was one odd sight... something you don't expect to see when you are shopping for a professional to prepare your taxes. We stopped in a small (and I mean small!) town and parked right in front of this office...


Tell me honestly... do you want to face an IRS auditor when your taxes were done by "Luck, H---- & Assoc. CPA"? Suddenly, H&R Block sounds so safe!

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that DUCK! And if you have some small items that were part of your over four-hundred dollar steal, can you tuck them in your suitcase and bring them for show and tell while you are here?

I'd love that. Great photos.

Mom