Saturday, May 9, 2009

Family, food, flowers

A good meal always makes everything seem better. So, when I heard that my daughter would be undergoing a minor surgery, I started cooking. When the day arrived for me to assume "helper" duties, food was ready to go.

In the midst of all this, I learned that my grandkids have become fans of the Food Network. They know all about plating, flavor and points! My task became more than feeding body and spirit... I would be facing judges! So, (not wanting to be judged alone) we split into teams, cooked, ate until we were ready to burst and took our scores like the pros.

Did you think I was kidding?
One grandson always gave me points in the millions. (sigh.... smile ) What a fun time together.

There was one other act of kindness that cannot be overlooked. The day that Heather came home, a little boy from her church arrived at the door with flowers in hand. His face and flowers showed the prayer of his heart. Surely God will grant the healing he requests.

bouquet of tulips
...If two of you shall agree in earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18: 19,20

1 comment:

Marcie said...

What fun an "Iron Chef" challenge would be. I won't show my kids this post... they'll be expecting a challenge the next time you come. And... I'm not sure my kitchen could handle that many chefs!