Thursday, September 18, 2008

Laundry

They may not look important. In fact, they look pretty nasty...

goodbye old friends!
...but this beat up pair of pencils with their cracked rubber-band wrapper has been saving my neck for ... well, I've lost track of how long... let's say, months.

A while back (time flies when you're in the laundry room), my washer decided it was tired. To let me know that this was the case, the switch that turns everything on when the lid is lowered, quit. In my world, there is hardly anything worse than a laundromat. So, after some desperate detective work, I discovered that the switch could be manually activated. The down side of that was that it meant I had to stand there the entire time.

Enter my rubber-band-wrapped-two-pencil-eraser-down-switch-activator! I could no longer close the lid of my washer, but that was ok. I could still do laundry in the comfort of my own home.

Today, I have a new washer. (You'll have to take my word for the beauty of the machine, because there is no way that I will show a picture of my laundry room!) My little pencils have been retired. This is my final salute for a job well done!

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! Congrats on the new washer!

cnottingham