Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Transparency with gel ... disaster is thy name

I do have pictures ... just so that I will never say to myself, Self? Give that method one more try...  

Transparency with gel is the heading for this transfer process. I tried it twice. The first time was with 2 images on a Grafix ink jet transparency sheet. They printed perfectly.  I followed the instructions step by step (except that I used regular matte gel and not gloss gel ... oops).


And this was the better of the two! The second image of a door was so bad that I didn't bother taking a picture.

When I discovered my error in using the wrong gel medium, I decided to give the process another try. I printed three images on an older transparency sheet, hoping that maybe the modern version of transparencies for ink jet printers was just too sophisticated for the method. The printout was fine ... the results were much the same as the first trial.



 

Such a small amount of ink transferred to the paper that it wasn't worth the effort. I did promise myself that I would not skip any of the projects in this book and I'm glad that I tried this. However ... there is nothing that will draw me to try this again. 

Next process - transparency glued on. It looks interesting ... like something that could add another dimension to a collage. 

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. Lamentations 3:25

No comments: