Saturday, September 9, 2017

The amazing gel skin image transfers

This transfer was so much fun to produce. It's clear when it works perfectly - which is almost every time. It is easily trimmed with scissors. The first step takes a little bit more time than a dry gel transfer, but it is worth it.

For this transfer, I used exactly what was suggested a soft gel medium - gloss. The black and white words and shapes were laser printed. The colored pictures were from magazines.


It is obvious that with 3 coats of gloss gel medium that the finished product will not be smooth as glass. It has texture and shine.

 

The dry pieces then went through the usual routine - sand the paper backing, mist with water, rub with fingertips. I was amazed at how much rough treatment a few layers of gel medium could take without disintegrating! It stretched and bounced back. At times some of the printing faded, but overall, it was a great end product.

These pictures show how well the transfer took - whether it was black and white or color. 




I didn't really like the size and black letters of one word, so I cut it into small rectangles and pieced it randomly across the front of a card I made. It added a unique look and texture to an otherwise very flat card front. 


Time will tell how the others will be used. That is the final test in my world - usefulness.

The next project in the book  is with a product called digital ground. Unfortunately I will be skipping that trial because digital ground is no longer available. On to the next - Paint!!

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of  my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

No comments: