Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Useless to Smash!

Repurposing worthless, discarded books is such a rewarding task. This is the kind of recycling that I love.

For several weeks, I have been working on a repurposed version of a Smash Book. (Not familiar with Smash Books? See this.) My days have been filled with paints of every variety, ink, verses, vintage text, papers and pictures, scrapers and shapers, stamps and any adhesive I could lay my hand on! Very little in my workroom escaped involvement in this project.

The book is now in the hands of its new owner... but I took a pictures of a few of my favorite parts just before it was delivered.















And that's just for the background! Can't wait to see how it looks full of her life.

Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:8,9

No comments: