Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dried roses

There is a little rose bush in my yard that produces an abundance of these...


So, when I learned that flowers can be dried in the microwave, these little beauties were my first (and most available) choice for experimentation.

I found the instructions here. Equipment required (beside the microwave and flowers)? Two microwave safe plates and paper towels.


Lessons learned:
- When they say "dry, not crisp" - listen.
- A flattened, dried rose blossom has its place, but I prefer the individual petals.
- A glass plate is a good weight.
- Don't use your best flowers the first time. Experiment with "seconds"!
The color in the petals stayed fairly true to the fresh blossom. Can't wait to try this again.

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100:5

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Beautiful flowers. I have pink ones like those.