Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Step 1: Backgrounds

I am working on it.... I am!

OK, so I let pizza making take a day... and then, ummm, well, I do have to clean once in a while... But really, I have been working on this postcard challenge.

Naturally, the background has to come first. So, I have been splashing paints of all types, colors and consistencies on everything. Mmmmm, not so many good things have come of that. At which point a very wise woman said to me, Remember, it is background. It does not have to do anything but look pretty and enhance what you're going to layer on it.

With that in mind, I went back to the worktable yesterday. The results were a bit better.


I showed my dearly beloved the table full of color and he started pointing out his favorites. A couple of his choices were surprising...

All of this to say - who knows what is beautiful?

So - I keep in mind Who I do this for, and why I'm doing it.

...How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Romans 10:15

No comments: