Monday, February 15, 2010

Lists and reality

I had big plans for today.

1) Develop postcard designs
2) Prep canvas for image transfers for #1
3) Work on an article that is half finished
4) Prep photos for #3
5) Use completed #4 to perfect image transfer technique
6) Make an interesting dinner

The day is now almost over - 8 minutes left - and #'s 1,3,4, didn't happen. #'s 2 & 5 got off the ground... 2 is drying, 5 was a complete flop.

#6 - the interesting dinner... yes! Yes! It was, in fact, interesting. A new soup recipe with ham, dry lima beans, leeks, and kale. I used my pressure cooker so that I could encourage other family members with pressure cookers, "try this recipe!"

Ugh. Maybe it needs overnight hours to let the flavors develop. Maybe it will thicken as it stands. Maybe it's just a bad recipe.

However, there were four bright spots in this day. Things that were not on my list, completely random and unexpected. I will share one with you, because I'm sure it will make you smile too.


He got a new tie for church.

Tomorrow has another list of things... but I'm sure I'll pull this picture into the day for just a bit more pleasure.

Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes. Psalm 119:135

3 comments:

Marcie said...

He can't leave that tie alone! He wants to wear it everyday... he thinks it's a costume to dress up in. (His "Daddy" costume.)

Nancy Branch said...

He is so cute! I take it he belongs to Marcie. He definitely looks like a Bytwerk.

cHim-prints said...

Yes, he is Marcie's. He's a keeper. :>)