Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just like Levis

Family genes. They are like custom made Levis... you don't have to think about the fit, they're just right, just you.

I got a comment on my last post from my niece who said:
I understand the brown thumb. We had a garden this year. Only got butternut squash. Alot of squash.
Nobody in the house likes butternut squash. All I wanted were a few tomatoes.
I laughed out loud when I read it! Poor niece, I thought, I know how you feel.

Completely unrelated, and only moments later, I got an email from my mother (grandmother to my niece). She described her efforts in her senior citizen mini-garden. She said:
I carried water often, fed this cucumber bush with Miracle Gro----its obvious nothing worked. But I am wondering if I grew the world's tiniest cucumber. Do you suppose I am eligible to make the Guinness record book?
In case someone from Guinness is reading... here's her proof -


So you see, I'm not alone in this world full of gardens... it's a family tradition.

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children's children. Psalm 103:17

No comments: