Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Using an altered book

This is the altered cover of a throw-away textbook. After countless layers of gels, papers, podges and paints, it was looking pretty good.


Then I discovered that the insides were not sticking to the outside. What was I going to do now? There was too much time invested to give up on it. Time for super Dremel! Three holes and some ribbon later, the insides sit snugly where they should be... inside.

And what is the purpose of this book, you ask?

Boy, you are nosy aren't you?

It's a diary, where the happenings of the day are recorded using all the paints, pens, brushes and stamps that often sit unused in my workroom.


Ok, so I play with my stuff while I keep track of my days.


The goal is to record daily highlights 5 times a week, and 1) use products that are unfamiliar, or 2) familiar materials in a new way.

So far? I'm keeping up. Maybe by the end of the year there would be an entire page good enough to share. But don't hold your breath.

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork. Psalm 19:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So creative! You have a lot of goals this year! Very ambitious of you I must say.