Monday, November 3, 2008

Details of life

I haven't been here in a while.

Well, that isn't true. I have been here. I started several times to write something, but it was so uninteresting, I was putting myself to sleep!

Want to know what have I've been doing? (I don't care. Read anyway!)

  • I have three articles written. One is completely ready to go - all spiffed up, double spaced - even the cover letter is finally finished.
  • My Christmas card design is almost complete. I have spent hours working on a love/hate relationship with Photoshop Elements. I'm not sure which side of that fence I'm on today! But, a little more hands-on tweaking and the card will be ready for my limited production! (If I don't have your address, you won't ever see it...)
  • I'm still slathering paint on my old books. The ideas keep changing as I go. (The latest addition was modeling paste... I like it.) To be truthful, I don't know what the finished product will look like... or be!
  • The monthly breakfast for the men at church was Saturday. The decor involved corn husks (harvested fresh from the field), turkey feathers (fresh from the turkey - ouch!) and my old favorite turkey centerpiece.
back home again

The best part of the last week was Grandparents' Day - on the right day! It was wonderful. We worked on papers at school, and then went hunting, played Wii racing, boxing, tennis and bowling, baked Toll House muffins - yummmm! Recipe upon request - ate homemade spaghetti... we just had a ball! It was worth two trips just to experience such gramma/grampa love! (I forgot to take pictures! What kind of a blogger am I?)

And next.... the election!

Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. Psalm 95:2,3

1 comment:

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

Everything sounded so positive and fun that you talked about. Then you mentioned the election. :0( We're still trying to recover over here!