Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cranberry chutney

Thanksgiving officially starts when I smell the chutney in the kitchen.

I found this recipe when I was emerging from the early stages of learning to cook. You know... just past you mean Jello isn't fruit?, but before recipes that required more than three herbs/spices.

Sphere magazine, November, 1977
There is no way to describe the magic that happens when all these ingredients bubble in the pot and fill the air with holiday enchantment.

measure and stir
chop chop
Today was the day... and my heart is filled with thanks.

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

1 comment:

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

Your photographs in this post are wonderful! I esp. love the last one with the peeler. Makes me excited to come over and eat the chutney with you.