Friday, August 8, 2008

Clouds from both sides

If you are allergic to sunshine, you should live in Michigan. We don't have a lot of clear sunny days. We have clouds!

In years past, the dreary skies really got to me. I wondered if I suffered from a mild case of the Seasonal Affective Disorder - Isn't that funny? The acronym is SAD! - but I have since discovered that clouds are a wonderful promise - just like the rainbow.

There are two verses in I Thessalonians that tell about the role of clouds. "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout... and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So now when I go into the backyard and see these...

sunset skies over the cornfield


sunset skies over the trees
or even a dreary, gray version of these, I remember the promise of heaven to come and I wonder, will it happen today?

Wherefore comfort one another with these words. I Thessalonians 4:18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How beautiful!!Just wanted to say Hi.I've been reading your blog for quite sometime now and I enjoy it so much.Sylvia