Saturday, August 19, 2017

Image transfers with tape

Wow. I was NOT kidding about multiple pictures! Each project offers at least two options ... and there are multiple choices after that. So, here goes.

I chose 2 colorful magazine pages and a book page (much heavier paper) with a painting by Winslow Homer. The tape on the pink flowers folded as I applied it, but I thought it might be interesting to see what happened with that fold. You can see the tape shine on all three samples.

 
For the next step I lightly rubbed the back of each paper with drywall sandpaper, then misted each piece with water when I was ready to start removing the paper backing.
 


The magazine paper was the easiest. It slid from the tape with very little effort.

 

The book paper took a bit more rubbing (with flat part of fingertips only) but it finally came clean. The image was not perfect, but the occasional rough spots added to the charm.
 





Holding each piece against different backgrounds gave me some ideas about how the cleaned transfers could be used. 
 
the yellow narrow tape
W. Homer girl on antique book page

W. Homer girl on gelatin print paper
The pink flowers are attached to a drawing I don't like ... just to see what would happen. Interesting possibility on future projects. I ended cutting away the fold in the tape, so it didn't affect anything.


But my favorite is the girl. She found a resting place on a card front. She already has a new home. That's why I love making cards.


Next post - using the same tape transfer method only using clear Contact paper.

Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart to knowledge. Proverbs 22:17

No comments: