Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer storm

A predicted storm rolled in tonight.

Even though we are in the middle of the extended daylight of summer, the house grew dark around 6:00 pm. Thunder began to rumble in the distance about the same time. Wondering if I should shut down the computer, I looked out the west window... grabbed my camera and ran outside.

I'm sure I looked pretty foolish dashing around the yard with my camera pointed heavenward, but the pre-storm sky was incredible. (I am very fortunate that I don't have any neighbors that monitor my behavior.)






After a few hours, the rumbling thunder turned into wild, sideways rain. It's all over now and once again, I'm thankful. Thankful for the clouds... and the ever faithful reminder of a promised meeting in the sky.

Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it. I Thessalonians 5:24

No comments: