Monday, June 27, 2011

Paint and paste to the rescue

I wish now I had a before picture. It would explain why I had to spend 2 days re-decorating a box of the Sam's Club version of saran wrap. It is b-i-g... 3000 ft. of food wrapping handy-ness.

You may ask, why did you have to have this product? My answer is instant. What sold me on this b-i-g, blue and white and wordy box is the slide cutter.

No more fighting the packaging to try to get a piece of clear film that isn't a tangled mess. Now I can use both hands to dispense as much as I need. This chosen length then lays flat along the front of the box (and counter), freeing both hands. With just a push from one hand, I move the slide cutter, pick up the perfectly flat, perfectly cut piece of film, and cover whatever I want!

I love it!

The only problem is the box. It won't fit in a drawer or cupboard, so it has to sit on the counter. But it's just so b-i-g... and blue and white and wordy. Yep, it's just plain ugly.

So, I did what any self-respecting home cook would do. I painted - brilliant streaks of all the colors in my kitchen. I ripped some great photos/recipes out of an ancient Gold Medal Flour cookbook and pasted them over the paint. Today, tucked away on the bookcase window, my ugly box looks OK.




One of life's little struggles that won't bother me for at least another 2997.5 feet.

Life is good... and good-looking!

The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. I Samuel 16:7

No comments: