Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Red, blue, yellow and fluffy!

After a hard winter of drab, it's good to see color around the yard today.

Ever since this incident there have been no cardinals in our little courtyard. Today was the first time. Welcome back, brave one!


These bursts of blue pop up everywhere... in the grass, through the leaves. I discovered several clumps of tiny little bulbs while trying to dig out weeds a few years ago. I'm really into free plants, so I carefully pulled the clumps apart and replanted the bulbs, wondering what I would get. Hundreds! That's what I got! Hundreds of lovely little grape hyacinths that are as determined to multiply as they are to live. I love 'em!


Like butter and sunshine rolled into one... the forsythia. (Also makes the perfect switch for sassy little girls. We have a lo-o-o-ng history. Yes, yes we do.)


And just before the sun went down, while the stones were still wet from the rain, the clouds! How I do love the clouds. Dark and dreary, or beautiful like these...




they are the promise of a trumpet sound, a soon meeting in the air.

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. I Thessalonians 4:17-18

No comments: