Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not gorilla!! It's guerrilla!

Have you heard of it? Guerrilla art?

I hadn't... until the latest issue of my fav magazine arrived. In a nutshell, it's art you make and leave while no one is looking. It is a "gift" to the person who finds it and takes it home.

According to the magazine, the reasons for doing this are varied - from political activism to saving the earth to just passing out art! An idea was born as I read the article, my mission clearly laid before me.

This coming week, I am travelling with my dearly beloved. Hidden inside my purse? My 5 pieces of guerrilla art, complete with paints, papers, embellishments, and a Scripture verse.


This is the label on the back to make sure the finder understands that this is a gift.


Can't wait to see what nooks and crannies I'll find to tuck away my little art projects. I'll leave to God the recipient and the results... but that promise - So shall my word be that goeth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11) - is what makes it all worth the effort.

I'm excited! Care to jump in?

No comments: