Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lemons into lemonade

Several months ago, I made some fabric paper. When I looked at my lovely finished pile of paint-paper-fabric combinations, it was hard to imagine what this new product would become.


A couple of months ago, the papers started hollering, "So do something with us!" (What? Your neglected, half-finished crafty stuff doesn't talk to you?) I picked up my favorite piece - all blues and wordy - and nothing. Just can't see it being something. I picked up another piece and the layers came apart in my hands... as did every other piece that I touched.

Last week, overcome with a feeling of what do I have to lose, I started machine stitching the papers. The lines were straight, then curvy, then circle-y. Suddenly I was making flowers, hearts, triangles! What a ton of fun!



Stay tuned... I'll show you how I actually used them!

And He said... My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness... II Corinthians 12:9

No comments: