Saturday, April 10, 2010

What happened, you ask?

Yes... this was the week. The reception for the postcards. The time of gathering together under one roof, creators and inspectors, sellers and buyers, tension and tranquility.


With my daughter-in-law by my side, I survived. We arrived woff*, shopped woff*, sipped juice woff*, and celebrated with gooey rich desserts when it was all over.

One of my postcards was displayed in the center of the main wall, neighbor to a portrait of a woman sans clothing. (I wondered if that was some one's idea of equal time.) I am happy to report that the lady is gone (sold), the Bible verse remains. A testimony to the holding power of scripture.

Confession time - Am I disappointed that all four of my submissions are still hanging? I was... until the Lord reminded me it's not about you. It is all about scripture on that wall.

I'm glad I did it. It pushed me wa-a-ay out of my comfort zone into untried waters. And I didn't drown! Thank you for every "How're ya doing on those postcards?" You pushed me forward when I wanted to give up.

Been there. Done that. I wonder what will be next?

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. Jeremiah 10:23
*woff - without fanfare

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yaaay! Way to go Sis!