Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fabric paper

Some things you have to do just because... well, just because. This is one of those projects.

Fabric paper... it can be cut, ripped, painted, and sewn - and that's only the beginning. About the only "don't do this" I have seen refers to washing it.

Last week, I finally had all the parts and a free afternoon to get all gluey, so I made a few pieces of my own fabric paper.






Now I know:
-have more piles of bits and scraps
-fling the paint with abandon
-use white tissue paper (although the pattern tissue does give an interesting tea stained tint)
It was fun. Can't wait to see how I'll use it.

Credit where credit is due - Beryl Taylor developed this. I found it in the Cloth Paper Scissors magazine.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth... And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good... Genesis 1:1 and 31

No comments: