1. Buy supplies and tools to learn a new craft.I could go on, but you get the idea.
2. Take supplies and tools to work area to start the learning process... tomorrow.
3. After a few days, put the products away until there is more time to spend learning the new craft.
4. After a few weeks, wonder, what was I going to make?
5. After several months, forget that you were ever going to try learning something new.
Stamp carving was my procrastination. Convinced that I could learn to do this, I bought the cutter and the soft mat for carving... and then got distracted by a million other things.
Until today. And now... I am hooked. No one should be allowed to have this much fun! I started with simple shapes and within about an hour I had 2 stamps (plus one small puncture wound and a very late dinner).
This is what the process looks like.
Image transferred to the carving block.
Black lines stay. White areas are removed.
Testing for high spots that need to be cut away.
Notice the cupcake stamp in the background...
... it looks like this!
Aaah, life is fun, isn't it?
Happy is the (wo)man that findeth wisdom, and the (wo)man that getteth understanding. Proverbs 3:13