Thursday, January 21, 2010

Exercise

Tuesday was a day full of sitting, writing, cutting, pasting - all in front of a computer screen.

Wednesday, I was ready for an active form of cutting and pasting (more correctly stated - gluing).

Today, I have a new purse (cutting) and my first gel medium transfer (gluing).

Image transfers have aways been intriguing to me. After reading wa-a-a-y to many how-to books and magazine articles, I took the plunge with one of my photos, converted to black and white. It was a simple matter of printing and gluing it to a small canvas... and waiting for glue to dry.

Because my cutting table was filled with transfer stuff, in all stages of wet and dry, I had to move the fabric cutting downstairs to the dining room table. (How many bowls of ice cream can I have after 104 trips up and down the stairs?)

I'll spare you any more details and get to the results.

I love my new purse. It weighs approximately 35 pounds less than the previous model. Aaaah.


The transfer is a WIP. I decided to try anything and everything with it, so right now it's... nothing. After I finish trying anything and everything, and decide which actions are not worth repeating, I'll start again.


Move over Rembrandt.

For all flesh is as grass, and the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: but the word of the Lord endureth forever. I Peter 1:24,25

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Barb,
I'll bet when you first started the up/down stairs trips you had a tad bit of bounce in the steps up?

And by the 140th trip.....flat footed? (smile) I've so been there!

Love the purse. REALLY love the transfer! Looks like you'll be having fun with that. Thanks for sharing.

love ya!
Carol

cHim-prints said...

Carol - by the end, I had less *bounce* than a multi-used dryer sheet!