Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Old becomes new

A few years ago, I decided that my wardrobe needed a boost. I went shopping, determined to find a new look, and came home with... are you ready? A belt. This wasn't just any belt. It was woven leather that "buckled" by a complicated looping though a big metal ring.

Doesn't sound like me, does it? It wasn't - I never wore it.

I tried to convince myself that I would like it if I ever wore it past my bedroom door. Then I would look in the mirror and put it back in the drawer.

However, today is a new day. Starting now, I intend to wear that belt out! Here's what happened...

I finally admitted that what I didn't like was the ring and the looping business. So I ripped it apart...



... and the part I like is now the strap for my finally-finished computer bag.



My wardrobe may still be lacking, but this bag is fine!

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have... Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Love how you used the belt! Fun, funky fabric on the computer bag! Great job.

Marcie said...

That is the perfect strap! I think you've started something... should I be on the lookout for cool belts on sale for you? That leather makes the bag look so classy. Reminds me of those "Lucky" brand purses we saw.