Monday, December 15, 2008

Mail tales

This morning, the final stack of cards went to the post office.


This afternoon, this package arrived. Talk about timing.


There is a story here.

Remember my wonderful bargain, the die cutter that was going to make my cards beautiful? Well... on Thanksgiving, I was the star of my own infomercial, intending to wow my grandkids with my magical machine. What I actually did was break my new toy right before their horrified faces. I mean, I really broke it!

After dissecting it right down to the last part, I figured out what was damaged and contacted the company. Their response was immediate and generous... and too late.

In the meantime I have learned a valuable lesson or two:
  • Don't mix brands when buying dies.
  • When the cranking gets really hard - STOP!
  • Quickutz has great customer service.

So, my Christmas cards are not fancy, but the message is still the same... Jesus, born in a manger, the promise of salvation for sinful men.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

No comments: