Sunday, July 6, 2008

Family fun

It was perfect... the weather, the family, the food... we had a great time.

Since the party was at our house for the first time in several years, we decided to update our "toys" a bit. We bought a skimboard surfer (a slip & slide type pool for older kids with "surf board") and a zip line.

The surfer looked great, but it was nearly impossible to master. It reminded us of Bambi on ice - not to mention the specter of spinal damage hovering just above the water. So my son, who has a knack for tweaking the ordinary into marvelous, improvised. He and a brother-in-law took our three-man-slingshot and ran the length of the slide pulling the kids at lightning speeds. What a sight. I grabbed my camera, sat at the end of the slide (out of water's way) and got some great shots... until this little tsunami came along. I was soaked!

Banzai Ben
Oh yeah.. about our new food experiment I will say this... the only thing remarkable about Tea Eggs is that I actually spent 3 hours cooking them!

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word. Psalm 119:9

No comments: