Monday, July 30, 2012

Pilgrimage to paperville

Saturday was amazing. We were on the road early to make sure that we reached the destination before closing.

I am not a garage/yard sale fan... in fact, if you see me perusing the table at a yard sale, keep driving. It's a sign that there is nothing here that you (ha! anyone!) will want. It's just a fact of life. But we stopped at a few sales anyway.... just to prove this law of (my) life.

Travelling along old US 12 there were also plenty of antique and thrift stores to keep us busy. This particular marvel of beautiful blue/rust was in front of a rundown used-to-be tourist trap, now permanent garage sale. Could anyone not love that blue? Yum!


We don't often choose to drive into big city Michigan, but the mission Saturday was specific... and it required going urban. Taking back roads made it a little less painful, especially when we came upon  endless fields of sunflowers!


Finally - be still my heart - we pulled into Ann Arbor, straight into the heart of Kerrytown. Pushing past the lo-o-o-ong line outside of Zingerman's, we finally arrived at - can you hear the angel choirs? - Hollander's! I was going to take pictures, but I was so overwhelmed by room after room of paper that I couldn't think of anything else.  Fortunately, I had determined ahead of time what my $pending limit would be. (I only went $12 over!) In addition to a brush and linen thread, this is what I brought home...


I'm so excited. These are so incredibly beautiful that I can't wait to see what I do with them.

So-o-o, what am I doing here?

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1

No comments: