Thursday, March 1, 2012

Change. Adjustments. Progress.

Life is changing here. I'm adjusting to a semi-retired husband, who loves my home cooking. I had forgotten how much time it takes to fix a meal from scratch every night. *sigh* But, I'm getting there.

This week, I finally got back to my workroom. (Don't know why I call it a work room. Maybe because "fun room" sounds silly?) It was exhilarating to see my paint-splattered hands. Oh, the delight of paper snips dangling from my glue-sticky fingertips. I know... I need to get out more.

Tonight,there is progress to report! The face picture is mostly finished... I think. I can't decide, so it's resting for a while. I added the verse that seems to fit both the "face" and my life right now.


The orange-y letters are from a vintage set of "Inch High Letter Cards for primary grades". Seems that the "inch" is a bit random, but that adds to the imperfection of the piece. The page is mounted on a 9"x 7" canvas board.



While waiting for the verdict on this, the innards have been ripped from an old suitcase, a new prayer album is in the making, I've rediscovered the thrill of molding paste, and (with clean hands) created some textures from my photo library for some PSE layers. 

Can you tell that my sweetie is travelling this week?

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Psalm 91:2

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Well it sounds to me like you are having a really fun week...I can just feel the excitement from your words as I read your post...Isn't it amazing what we can get done when in the house alone?

I love your picture...The word at the bottom just gives it a punch....

Now one thing I am interested in is what are you going to do with an old suitcase? I'm waiting.....

Laurie said...

Barb, does this piece have a home? If you are willing, I'd love to have it in our home.