Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Mortal Muses are posting daily prompts that relate to the Christmas season - words like Hope, Peace, Surprise. Photographers - real and wannabe - are encouraged to link a picture they feel best conveys that word. (There are some prizes involved to motivate participation during these busy days.)

Today's prompt is Joy. I knew immediately that I had to join the fun. This is my picture that is joy personified.
Joie de vivre

There is so much to learn from this shot. She was at my house to get some last minute tutoring on a 4-H project. It was hot and humid. She didn't bring a bathing suit. She was discouraged with her project and she was fighting homesickness.

But... she abandoned to joy! What a moment!

I came across a verse today in Jeremiah. The last part says "...and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the Lord."(31:14)  All the seasonal angst over gifts and baking and projects suddenly seemed so pointless.The joy of life is not ever about what I do... it's about contentedly dwelling in God's goodness. The goodness of God that gave us Jesus, that forgives our sin, that enfolds us in His everlasting love.

What joy!

Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

C. B. Nottingham said...

They used to sing, "If I could save time in a bottle...". Now we can capture it in a photo. Your "joy" was felt!

Beth said...

I just absolutely LOVE this photo. You captured the perfect moment. This one makes me smile every time I look at it.

Beth said...

Let me just way.....I haven't been able to figure out which picture won the contest....but I think yours was and is a winner!!

cHim-prints said...

Beth - You have always been my best cheerleader. :>) Thanks

The winner for the "joy" day is here.

http://photo-per-diem.blogspot.com/2011/12/summer-fun-cotton-candy-at-beach.html

Beth said...

ok...was there an exchange of money for that photo to win? I mean seriously....
Some things in life are just not meant to be understood.*sigh*