Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cards and cats

Christmas cards are on my mind. I know it's early November, but if you make cards, the process has to start before December hits or there is stress.... big time stress!

I've been experimenting with some ideas... and I know several things that I don't want to do. sigh But, if I keep at it, something awful will turn into a possibility. I hope.

To give my head a breather from all this thinking, I turned to a new book, Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun (by Carla Sonheim). The first assignment? Sit in bed and draw cats. Not just cats, but silly cats!

Ok. I don't own cats, know cats, or even like cats very much. I had to search for pictures of cats to even get started! The first try was pretty awful. Then I realized I was trying too hard. They didn't have to be perfect, or pretty, or even realistic!


And, what better way to pass the hours while watching/listening to the election returns than to draw goofy cats?


The pur-fect way to spend an evening!

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. James 1:4

No comments: