Friday, September 17, 2010

Mushroom prints

For some inexplicable reason, mushroom prints have always intrigued me. The design is so natural and simple. The process is much the same.

The 3 fat specimens I discovered in the yard yesterday were carefully de-stemmed, then placed right-side up on a plain piece of paper. So-o-o many times I went to check the progress. And just as many times, I said (in my fiercest voice), "Barb! Walk away!"

After almost 24 hours, I lifted the mushroom head and found this...


The spores that dropped are so thick you can see the ridges. Where the ridges soften, it looks like velvet. So beautiful.



I don't know what I will do with these. What I do know is that it's a dangerous pastime ... you begin talking to yourself ... in a fierce voice, no less. I must have inhaled some of those spores.

Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
Isaiah 6:3

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Wow! That is amazing!