Friday, September 9, 2011

Halfway there!

Where did August go? I closed my eyes to sneeze one day and when I opened them... September was here!

My bundles of paper that are enduring all of the summer's harshest elements have now passed day 45... halfway through the process.

The biggest visible changes occurred during the fourth week. This is what I found on day 35...




Won't this lacy white paper be a beautiful addition to some guerrilla art? Or a card?


Fast forward to day 45... today. I notice that the colors are fading. And on one set of papers, there tiny gray spots that look like mildew.


Layers appear in the paper as the holes grow. But I have to say... I'm loving these rusty trails!


I still have the greatest curiosity about what is happening in the middle of these bundles. I tried peeking, but couldn't see anything. Even if the paper doesn't work out... at least I will have learned some patience. And that's a good thing.

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Ecclesiastes 7:8

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow...amazing! I am eager to see what is in the middle too. How much longer do we have?