Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Neighborhood dusting

Just when I think every strange thing that could happen on our little acre has happened, something new happens.

This morning, while applying my face paint, there was a tremendous roar that shook the house. (It should be noted that I know house shaking noises! I have lived through earth moving equipment in my driveway. [see previous post] I have even survived 5 teenagers with stereos and opinions!) Certainly I was hearing the prelude to a plane crash.

Before I could get to a window, the roar happened again. By the third round, I saw it, grabbed my camera and ran outside.


A crop duster? In and around all these houses?

He refused to stand still and pose, (doesn't he know I blog?!?) so this is the best close-up I could get.


If I ignore concerns about what substance is being sprayed on the field right next to my house, I imagine that noisy, swooping, soaring ride must be quite a thrill.

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. Psalm 103:13,14

1 comment:

Joel and Marcie Fenske said...

A crop-duster? I'm surprised they're allowed to spray so close to people's homes!