Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stacks and stacks and stacks!

Early stacks - neat, tidy.


The problem with that early stack is it was hard to tear into these once loved, now discarded, books. It was almost impossible to take an old illustration (that I might never see/hold again) and attach it to a project that I would certainly never see again!

Unruly stacks!


Too many thrift shops... too many bargains... I had to loosen my grip on this stack of "wonderful".  Amazing what happens, deep inside your soul, when you open the hand wide and share. It took a while to understand this. Fortunately for me, a lesson learned late is still good.


REmade stack - joy, down in my heart.




The stack of books in the re-make process is small. The finished projects moved to new homes. May this stack never grow high.

The life stack.



Early in the building of this stack, pages that looked like ransom notes expressed the cry of a heart desiring conversation with God. Over many years, new pages were added, then new books. They became more personal - and so did the conversation. What started as "I should", became necessary, like food.

My goal? That this conversation might become vital ... like breathing.

I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. Psalm 130:5

19 comments:

Seth said...

I love the different parts of this stack of series. Each image is wonderful and each stack has their own personality.

Kelly Snelling said...

What a lovely post. And may you find your conversations with God always bring you blessings!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

There is nothing better than unruly stacks!

bohemiannie! art said...

great stacks!

teri said...

I feel like I'm getting to know everyone, just by looking at their stacks.

Carolyn Dube said...

I too have had the problem of tearing into a book - especially the very old ones! Your stacks are wonderful!

H.D. Campbell said...

very nice post and your stacks are wonderful :)

Martha Marshall said...

I love unruly stacks! The old books are lovely, and I too would have a difficult time tearing into them.

Dianne said...

the unruly stack is impressive, but your journal stack even more so. Enjoy your journey!

donna joy said...

Love all the images~our stacks make us more interesting :)

fairyrocks said...

Gorgeous stacks. I too love those old books....I have been digging into them a little here and there...baby steps I say
Keep smiling and creating

~*~Patty S said...

Your stacks are lovely and so meaningful...I too find it difficult to use original vintage pages...I am trying to be better about it...it is a process I guess

oxo

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stacks! Very nice, indeed!!

amanda said...

I love your goal!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Such a lovely story to share... thank you.
Really enjoyed my visit and seeing all your wonderful "stacks" :]

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As I read about your stacks, it became more obvious with each photo that some stacks needed to grow, while others needed to stay small. You make lovely art. Sorry I'm late arriving here, but I'm determined to see all the stacks by the end of today.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful heartfelt words about your stacks. Corrine

Anonymous said...

great, personal stacks. love the one in the grass!

Wen said...

like a good summer reading list, I want to peruse.