Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Salmon and Salsa

It feels like the health of everyone around me is being attacked. Immediately new diets are researched. Old ways of eating and and favorite foods are scrutinized to determine if they are healthy... or hazardous enough to be discarded from regular menus.

All of this concern has rubbed off on me. I'm busy looking for recipes to suggest or what the next expert has to say about what we eat. In the process, I have found some recipes that look so very good. One in particular is Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa.

I waited for a beautiful avocado to come to the perfect point of ripe. The cilantro bunch was deep green and fragrant. The salmon waited... we all waited for the avocado. Finally the day arrived.

The spicy rub was applied to the fish. The salsa was resting in the refrigerator. The moment arrived. Grill pan hot. Fish sizzling... and flipped. The kitchen smelled wonderful. I plated the cooked fish, hurried to the fridge to get the salsa to spoon on top.

But the bowl didn't want to slide off the shelf. So I pulled a little harder and as it slipped from my finger and smashed - I should say exploded - on the floor. Every little chopped piece of my salsa... ruined.

So, I have no pictures of the perfect salmon dinner. I'm still filled with sadness. Sometimes it is the little things that spoil a day.

Sigh.

Jesus said... In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

No comments: